Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Program Director, Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops
Organization: Ag Innovations Network (AIN)
Location: Sebastopol, CA
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
The position location is flexible, with preference for proximity to AIN’s offices in Sebastopol, CA (i.e. Greater San Francisco Bay Area). The deadline for receipt of applications is May 31, 2010.
The Program Director will serve as the lead coordinator, project manager, and communications representative for the implementation of the Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops. Primary responsibilities for this position include coordinating the efforts of many participating organizations to develop sustainability metrics, pilot test draft metrics, and develop tools and protocols for using SISC metrics in commerce. Additional responsibilities will include managing communications, outreach and fundraising. The Program Director will report directly to the President of AIN and will work closely with the SISC Steering Committee to implement the project. In collaboration with these and other project participants, the Program Director will:
- Support the SISC Coordinating Council and Steering Committee, including meeting scheduling, managing the agenda and meeting logistics, tracking work products and facilitating discussions and decision-making.
- Provide project management for the development and completion of sustainability metrics. The Program Director will work with metric facilitators and other stakeholders to develop metric solutions and evaluate them through in-field pilots.
- Coordinate SISC�s process for achieving consensus on how to use sustainability metrics in commerce, including any necessary protocols, policies and tools.
- Work with the Steering Committee and the Coordinating Council to develop a communications plan and implement that plan, for both internal and external audiences. Communications efforts will include regular communication to project participants, outreach to the media, and recruitment of new stakeholder participants.
- The Program Director will serve as a spokesperson for the project and may present on behalf of the project at conferences and meetings.
- Oversee fundraising efforts, in collaboration with the Steering Committee and Coordinating Council, including the solicitation of contributions from project members, writing grant proposals and reports, and manage project finances.