Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Marketing Associate
Organization: Cleantech Open
Location: Redwood City, CA
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here. The application deadline is September 5, 2010.
The Cleantech Open is a non-profit that finds, funds and fosters entrepreneurs with big ideas that address today’s most urgent energy, environmental and economic challenges. A small, enthusiastic staff based in Redwood City, California works with hundreds of volunteers across the country to run the world’s largest clean technology business competition.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Associate to join the communications and marketing team. This position will be on a full-time volunteer, trial basis for 30-90 days, followed by an evaluation for longer-term employment.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Social media management, including creating and updating Twitter content, posts on Facebook and monitoring press hits
- Assistance with writing newsletters and sending html emails to the newsletter list and specific groups
- Communication with partners regarding publicity of events and network outreach
- Recruitment and coordination of volunteer calling, emailing and event outreach campaigns for marketing large events
- Active participation in planning meetings, including contributing ideas and suggestions
- Organization of Cleantech Open information, including contact information and deadlines
- Updating and editing of the Web siteperformance.