- Industry leader continues to pave the way to a more sustainable future with announcements at its annual North American Innovation Summit
- These innovative products will support customers in their sustainability goals, enhancing smart energy capabilities and efficiencies across office buildings, factories, and homes
- New solutions are driven by the need to increase efficiency through digitization and electrification to reach a net-zero world
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced the debut of six new solutions at its annual North American Innovation Summit. These recent innovations are introduced on the heels of the company’s call to continue accelerating sustainability action and will manage energy efficient devices more intelligently to increase sustainable operations spanning across buildings, homes, infrastructure and data centers.
Amid the triple crisis – energy, economic and climate – currently facing governments, businesses and consumers, Schneider Electric is disrupting the way electrical infrastructure is managed and leading the path to a net-zero world.
“Creating a more sustainable future is a collaborative effort – after all, no one innovates alone. With the help of our partners and customers, we’re able to offer the solutions and services that will provide more resilient operations to meet our net-zero goals,” said Aamir Paul, President, Schneider Electric North America. “Helping businesses and governments deliver on their sustainability commitments is the focal point of our work. The launch of these new energy-efficient products and solutions brings us a critical step closer to achieving a more sustainable and resilient future.”
The latest products are available in Canada:
With today’s commercial buildings accounting for 40 per cent of global energy consumption and over 30 per cent of their energy wasted, the following products are designed to address the traditional oversized electrical equipment to save on both revenue and energy:
- EvoPacT is a newly designed vacuum circuit breaker offering best-in-class technology for large and complex medium voltage (MV) power distribution and control designed for a smaller footprint. With the electrical room being the heart of a facility’s energy model, EvoPacT features the first integrated health monitoring sensors for advanced monitoring capabilities allowing you to monitor product health for predictive maintenance and significantly reducing the chance for downtime, as well as perform control and monitoring functions outside of the arc flash zone.
- ArcBlok 2500 providesLine Side Arc Flash protection to prevent, isolate, and mitigate arc flash events. ArcBlok provides enhanced safety by reducing the likelihood of an arc flash event and limiting the incident energy exposure for your electrical system. ArcBlok disrupts arc flash mitigation solutions with its simple and passive design, delivering a low carbon footprint and the longest lifecycle of any arc flash protection solution on the market. As part of a strategic alliance with specialty insurer HSB (part of Munich Re), an ArcBlok performance guarantee will bring extra peace of mind to our customers.
- RIB Carbon Quantifier serves as an intelligent and predictive model to help design zero-carbon buildings in the construction phase.is the As a first of its kind solution, RIB Carbon Quantifier assists the built environment in extracting and quantifying embodied carbon data quickly and efficiently from the world’s leading environmental product declarations (EPD) databases.
- EcoStruxure Energy Hub offers increased visibility into the energy and emission profiles of organizations to help reduce environmental impact through access to real-time energy status reports and immediately signaling to alarms. This solution simplifies the management of building energy systems by optimizing maintenance activities and achieving compliance for the latest energy codes and standards. Its all-in-one platform for electrical infrastructure and software enables businesses to move toward their net-zero goals.
- For the factory floor, the EcoStruxure Power and Process unifies the data from electrical and automation systems to help the facility’s assets work in harmony for improved productivity and sustainability. EcoStruxure Power and Process now integrates with ETAP energy management software solutions that design, operate, and automate power systems. This combination of technologies enhances simulation capabilities, as process changes can be run digitally to pinpoint potential efficiencies without making physical changes and provides recovery benefits so that protocols for black-outs or unstable conditions can be programmed into systems.
- To aid with planning and execution, the Advanced Electric Design for Autodesk Revit by BIM Electric recently launched as an advanced BIM-based electrical design solution that integrates directly with Revit, creating a more complete and robust BIM solution that connects teams, data, and workflows across the entire project lifecycle. The latest software feature enables simplified electrical planning, design and analysis that allows engineers to play a leading role in designing high performance buildings for the new energy landscape that also adheres to local and regional standards.
These innovations highlight the solutions driving the decarbonization journey to net zero and showcase energy efficiency as the unsung hero of climate change.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Hashtags: #LifeIsOn #SchneiderElectric #TheMomentIsNow #InnovationSummit
Media Relations – Edelman on behalf of Schneider Electric, Juan Pablo Guerrero
Phone: +1 416 875 7173, Email: [email protected]