Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. The complete job announcement and application information is available here.
This exciting position focuses on the annual Net Impact Conference, our organization’s flagship event bringing together over 2,000 members and 300 speakers. It is a perfect position for a creative, detail-oriented, organized individual with a passion for Net Impact’s mission to change the world through business.
The Senior Conference Manager will supervise 1 full-time staff and multiple interns / volunteers.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities for the annual Conference include
- Foster effective working relationship with university host and student volunteer design team
- Support the development of an innovative and thought provoking conference curriculum
- Manage complex logistics and multiple vendor relationships
- Secure in-kind sponsorships
- Manage budget and revenue of $350,000+ annually
- Ensure an outstanding experience with speakers, sponsors, and other VIPs
- Collaborate with all members of the Net Impact team on conference-related projects, such as marketing, the Expo, and website production
In addition, the Senior Conference Manager will focus on other Net Impact events; responsibilities to include
- Provide event resources for chapter leaders, such as a speaker database and event toolkit
- Manage priority local event partnerships with chapters and other organizations as appropriate