Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here. The application deadline is September 5, 2010.
The Cleantech Open is a non-profit that finds, funds and fosters entrepreneurs with big ideas that address today’s most urgent energy, environmental and economic challenges. A small, enthusiastic staff based in Redwood City, California works with hundreds of volunteers across the country to run the world’s largest clean technology business competition.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Associate to join the communications and marketing team. This position will be on a full-time volunteer, trial basis for 30-90 days, followed by an evaluation for longer-term employment.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Social media management, including creating and updating Twitter content, posts on Facebook and monitoring press hits
- Assistance with writing newsletters and sending html emails to the newsletter list and specific groups
- Communication with partners regarding publicity of events and network outreach
- Recruitment and coordination of volunteer calling, emailing and event outreach campaigns for marketing large events
- Active participation in planning meetings, including contributing ideas and suggestions
- Organization of Cleantech Open information, including contact information and deadlines
- Updating and editing of the Web siteperformance.