Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
The Managing Director reports to the CEO, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration, the Managing Director will:
* Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
* Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the CEO and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the CEO.
* Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
* See that the CEO is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
* Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
* Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
* Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
* Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
* See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
* Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
* Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
* Work with the staff and CEO in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
* Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
* Creation and management of strategic business plan and operational plan.
* P&L Management
* Team Management
* Sponsorship revenue generation and management
* Grant and contract revenue generation and management
* Client assessment, coaching, and assistance
* Interface with all respective stakeholders
* Management of the Board of Advisors