Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
Small organization celebrating its 20th anniversary, seeks talented organizer/fundraiser for demanding but rewarding position, located in midtown Manhattan penthouse with great views. Duties include sponsorship solicitation, program management, events coordination and more.
Deputy Director works closely with the Executive Director to raise money, organize Earth Day events and activities in April and manage programs year round. Position requires detail orientation and good people skills. Must be able to think creatively, problem-solve, take responsibility and work well in high-pressure situations.
1. Organizing annual Earth Day activities with a small team including volunteers
a. Soliciting sponsorship and managing sponsor deliverables
b. Recruiting exhibitors for participation in Earth Day events
c. Logistics including events, forms, maps, permits, rentals (tables, tents, etc), volunteers, etc.
2. Management and further development of Earth Day programs including Count Down Your Carbon, Nurturing Nature and the Earth Day Education Program.
3. Extensive phone work �selling� sponsorships, exhibit space, advertising in annual publications on Green Buildings, etc.
4. Management of databases and responsibility for writing letters and other documents
5. General office work and back-up for the Executive Director.