ISEEK.org worked with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development to define a green job as one that has a direct or essential impact on a product, service, or process that results in environmental benefits.
They also organized green careers into five clusters:
- Renewable Energy Generation careers involving discovering and developing new ways of generating energy from renewable resources
- Building-Related Energy Efficiency careers in energy efficiency in the construction, repair, and operation of buildings
- Environmental Conservation jobs that protect the air, soil, water, and climate
- Recycling and Pollution Reduction jobs that reduce waste and pollution, both on land and in the air
- Green Manufacturing work that creates products that benefit the environment or that are made from environmentally-friendly materials
In addition to Minnesota-specific job search resources MNGreenCareers.org also includes resources applicable to job seekers in other states, including a collection of green career videos, green career profiles, and articles on multiple job search topics.