Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
PRC is a Minnesota wind energy company with a focus on Midwest community wind project development. Position will be responsible for all aspects of wind power project development from acquisition and concept to commissioning.
New Business Development
* Identify and screen sites with strong potential for the successful development of a wind project and the subsequent processes relating to securing a grid connection offer
* Planning, coordination and acquisition of required local, state and federal permits (These include construction, right-of-way, FAA, environmental, cultural, native prairie, etc.)
* Provide support to Technical Specialist in development tasks, including grid interconnection and study process, preliminary layout design, project status and budget reporting, preliminary permitting and study, selection and management of outsource service providers, project meteorological program, etc.
* Coordinate with Business & Asset Management Associate on development of project specific financial models
* Generate and respond to RFP’s
* Construction monitoring and oversight