Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
Beaumont Solar is a leader in the renewable energy market throughout Southeastern, MA. As the fifth largest solar installer in Massachusetts, our installations consist of commercial, residential and municipal properties. Due to continued industry growth and business development we have an opening for a Solar Technician. The Solar Technician creates electrical diagrams of solar PV systems to be submitted to local utilities for system grid connection. The Solar Technician also works in collaboration with Engineering, System Design, Sales and Procurement to ensure adherence to project time-lines.
Additional Responsibilities would include site assessments of proposed solar PV systems involving data collection for Design Team:
– Roof measurements (would include climbing onto roof)
– Solar Pathfinder and/or Solmetric “SunEye” shade studies
– Take required site photos
– Project completion photos of installed solar array and electrical components
– System internet connection to web sites
– System detailed CAD layouts
NOTE: Outside of site assessments, this is an in-house position and requires a candidate who resides within a 30-35 mile radius of New Bedford, MA.