Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Solar Installation Supervisor
Organization: GRID Alternatives
Location: Inland Empire Area, CA
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here (Microsoft Word format).
GRID Alternatives (www.gridalternatives.org) is a non-profit organization that provides energy efficiency and renewable energy services to low-income families. Our main program is the Solar Affordable Housing Program which installs PV, or solar electric, systems exclusively for low-income homeowners with volunteers and job trainees.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced Solar Installation Supervisor to join our growing Inland Empire team and oversee all aspects of PV installations on the homes of low-income families.
* Responsible for all technical and safety aspects of PV installations
* Conduct site visits to screen potential sites for solar access, safety issues, and constructability
* Design and engineer small, residential solar electric systems while considering available financing
* Put together permit packages, utility interconnection agreements, and assist with rebate paperwork
* Train and supervise volunteers, job trainees, and construction assistant(s) in PV installations
* Lead installations of PV systems with crews of volunteers and/or job trainees
* Ensure that all solar installations are installed according to GRID Alternatives safety and quality standards
* Conduct quality control on GRID installations
* Other job duties as assigned, including equipment purchasing, hardware store runs, equipment unloading and loading, answering homeowner and volunteer questions, talking to media and generally participating in activities necessary to make solar happen for low-income families