Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Senior Director of Marketing
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Location: New York, NY
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement by going here, selecting Advanced Search, and searching for job ID # 12984
The Senior Director of Marketing in New York will be expected to:
– Create a strategic, comprehensive marketing and communications plan to maximize opportunities to advance the Conservancy’s mission within New York.
– Identify, pursue and develop new strategic partnership opportunities with media, corporations, affinity groups, etc. that expand capacity and exposure for the Conservancy.
– Cultivate and foster professional relationships with local, national and international media and integrate and leverage the full range of traditional and new media in promotion efforts.
– Coach and secure venues for leadership as experts and spokespeople; Serve as spokesperson, as appropriate.
– Develop key messages for the program and oversee content across all communications, including press releases, web site, social media and other collateral.
– Anticipate, advise on, and help respond to crisis management situations.
– Work with the Worldwide Office marketing division—media, membership, brand marketing—on organization-wide marketing initiatives executed in New York City.
– Conduct presentation and media training for State Director and other senior staff, as needed.
– Lead and manage the New York marketing and communications team, assess and cultivate strengths and deploy them, as appropriate.
– Oversee and administer departmental budget