Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Sales and Marketing Intership
Organization: Natural Friendly Products
Location: Beachwood, OH
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
Nature Friendly Products is dedicated to offering a complete line of fully biodegradable and compostable food service tableware, cutlery, cold cups, straws and trash bags for the food service industry. We produce more than 200 food service items that are 100% biodegradable and compostable, returning quickly, safely, and completely to nature.
NFP products are fully compostable within 50-100 days in commercial composting facilities, providing consumers with a safe, eco-friendly alternative to landfill disposal. Our products can be sent to the composting facility as used—no scraping or sorting required—are able to divert nearly a third of waste from landfills. Nature Friendly Products meet BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute) standards for compostability, are US ASTM Approved and US Compost Council Certified.
Target market/customers include colleges, universities, hospitals, restaurants, corporations, food service distributors, associations, events, venues, government, etc. As more people are looking at zero waste and green initiatives, composting and waste diversion is becoming a focal point. The current market for eco-friendly food service disposables has grown by triple digits for each of the last three years and is expected to continue to do so in the immediate future.
Areas of Responsibility
- Achieve a thorough knowledge of all products, services, and corporate philosophies
- Basic phone follow up for database management and prospecting
- Compile materials for sales and marketing kits and replenish and maintain sample and marketing kit supplies
- Update and customize sales proposals for client presentations
- Proposal generation, bid submission and follow-up
- Research, analysis and evaluation of product line extension and suppliers
- Product sourcing
- Price development and analysis
- Research and evaluate industry trends and new technology
- Competitive tracking
- Various projects that require making phone calls, emailing and internet research
- Participate in both internal team and client meetings
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all customer and company associates
- Clerical support to all levels of management as needed
- Assist other sales or service associates as requested
- Other various duties as assigned