Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here. The application deadline is 5p.m. on Friday, July 23, 2010.
Vallejo Community Organizations Recycling (VALCORE), Inc. is a coalition of local organizations working together to provide fund-raising opportunities for its member groups while providing recycling services to our community. VALCORE is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization. VALCORE’s mission is promoting recycling and resource recovery by providing a recycling center and public education programs. Learn more at http://www.valcorerecycling.org
Purpose: This position is to oversee VALCORE’s the day-to-day operations.
* Manage VALCORE’s day-to-day operations, including opening and closing responsibilities
* Implement VALCORE policies and procedures.
* Promote recycling through your actions.
* Manage staffing and create schedules that support customer service and daily operations within a budget.
* Oversee recruiting, interviewing, and training of all paid, volunteer, and community service staff.
* Conduct performance reviews and recognize and respond to performance issues, with honest and direct communication, enforcing training and disciplinary guidelines.
* Be a consistent role model of exceptional service for all staff and volunteers.
* Foster a positive environment that embraces diversity and promotes VALCORE’s mission.
* Protect and take steps to maintain VALCORE’s assets and resources including facilities and equipment.
* Work efficiently to meet deadlines.
* Lead staff and volunteer meetings
* Lead training programs for staff and volunteers.
* Oversee all existing programs and projects while identifying and developing new programs and projects and grant opportunities.
* Represent VALCORE in public forums including leading meetings and conducting educational programs.
* Handle customer service calls and complaints.
* Utilize customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service and programming.
* Ensure the accuracy, completion, and reconciliation of all financial transactions.
* Collect and maintain data and generate reports.
* Report regularly to the VALCORE Board of Directors, verbally and in writing.
* Perform related work as required.