Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Program Manager – Municipal Energy Finance Program
Organization: County of Santa Barbara, CA
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here. The application deadline is March 8.
The Housing and Community Development Department with the County of Santa Barbara is looking for a Program Manager to help implement and run the day-to-day operations of the new Municipal Energy Finance Program (emPower Santa Barbara County).
- Implementing strategies necessary to ensure the successful start-up and management of dynamic public/private partnership programs with utility companies, cities, other County departments, trade industries, and community stakeholders.
- Setting program goals and measurements and assuming accountability for program results.
- Recommending and implementing broad policy decisions for the program, the work that is performed, and the expansion of services.
- Overseeing the program budget development; balancing fiscal priorities; prioritizing and allocating resources within the program and coordinating resources with other programs and/or County departments.
- Marketing and community outreach promoting how energy incentives can best result in communitywide economic benefits.
- Working closely and providing guidance to internal and external resources on the development of the workflow and data tracking tools needed for internal processes and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction tracking.
- Staying current with emerging funding opportunities through grants and other programs.
- Investigating emerging technologies, techniques and building codes for conservation and generation.
- Supervising and training support staff and other managers on eligible energy efficiencies, water conservation and renewable energy improvement.
- Managing two physical storefronts that are open to customers that need assistance with the assessment financing application process.