This is a listing of job boards that focus on social or environmental responsibility.
Featured Services from Green Jobs Network
- greenjobsearch.org – Leading green job board
- Social Good Jobs – Job board focusing on social enterprise and social impact jobs.
- American Fisheries Society Job Board
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums Job Board
- B Corps Jobs Board
- Botanical Society of America Job Board
- Careers in Wind – From the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Jobs
- Commongood Careers – Job Listings
- Conservation Job Board
- Dayaway Careers – Focuses on opportunities for students and recent graduates
- Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Job Board (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M University
- Devex.com: Jobs – Jobs in international development
- Ecological Society of America Job Board
- EHSCareers.com (jobs in the environmental, occupational health and safety fields)
- Environmental Career Center – Job Board
- Fair Trade Federation: Jobs, Internships, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Farm-Based Education Job Netwok: Job Board
- Good Food Jobs
- Green Dream Jobs – From SustainableBusiness.com
- GreenBiz.com: Jobs
- Greenjobsearch.org – From Green Jobs Network
- MARC Green Jobs Portal – Covering DC, Maryland, and Virginia
- Net Impact: Job Board
- Northern California Recycling Association – Jobs
- Opportunity Knocks (non-profit jobs)
- Orion Grassroots Jobsource
- Philanthropy News Digest: Jobs
- Renewable Energy World – Jobs
- Social Good Jobs – From Green Jobs Network
- Society for Conservation Biology Job Board
- Sustainable Agriculture Education Association: Jobs in Sustainable Agriculture
- U.S. Green Building Council – Career Center
- CivicMakers (“Links” newsletter contains job postings)
- Comfoodjobs (E-mail list by Tufts University, focuses on sustainable food system jobs)
- JobsthatareLEFT (Google Group)
- Social Enterprise Jobs (Google Group)
- Wellstone Jobs (Google Group)
The following is a list of resources for Food + Agriculture jobs, compiled by Mark A. Kastel, The Cornucopia Institute. It is in the process of being edited by Green Collar Blog.
Ag & Food LLM program at the University of Arkansas: http://agfoodlawjobs.blogspot.com/.
Women, Food, and Agriculture Network (WFAN), https://www.wfan.org/
Southern SAWG – http://www.ssawg.org/jobs
Sustainable Agriculture Listings (National)
ATTRA Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships List: This directory of on-the-job learning opportunities in sustainable and organic agriculture has been published since 1989 as a tool to help farmers and apprentices connect with each other. It is available for farms in the U.S and its territories (there are a few in Canada and the Caribbean as well). Anyone can browse the listings for free. As a subscriber, you can maintain a personalized listing to connect with internship seekers. The listed farms are primarily seeking interns/apprentices from North America
BackdoorJobs.com has a “Sustainable Living and Farm Jobs Page” that lists employment, internship and volunteer opportunities throughout the country.
The Farm-Based Education Network lists food and farm jobs
Helpx.net “is an online listing of host organic farms, non-organic farms, farmstays, homestays, ranches, lodges, B&Bs, backpackers hostels and even sailing boats who invite volunteer helpers to stay with them short-term in exchange for food and accommodation.”
Local Harvest, though not a job search site, lists many small, local farms. If you’re looking for an internship, apprenticeship, or job in a particular area, you might want to look up farms this way and contact a farm of interest directly.
Orion Magazine lists jobs related to the environment, including some farming and agriculture-related jobs.
Sustainable Agriculture Jobs, Internships, and Apprenticeships is a facebook group formed to create an outlet for some of the sustainable agriculture-related opportunities frequently posted on the Tuft’s COMFOOD listserv. Includes
WWOOF-USA lists opportunities for “Visitors, or ‘WWOOFers.’” They “spend about half a day on a host farm, learn about the organic movement and sustainable agriculture, and receive room and board – with no money exchanged between hosts and WWOOFers. WWOOF is an educational and cultural exchange program. WWOOFing is a way to learn practical farming skills, be part of the organic agriculture movement, and experience the heart of American agrarian culture.”
Stewards of Irreplaceable Lands (SOIL) is “Canada’s Sustainable Farm Apprenticeship Program.
Sustainable Agriculture Listings (Regional/Local)
North East Workers On Organic Farms (NEWOOF) is a regional farm apprenticeship placement service sponsored by the New England Small Farm Institute. NEWOOF annually publishes an annotated list of farms, primarily in the northeast, seeking apprentices.
Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) lists jobs on organic farms throughout the Northeastern U.S.; NOFA NY also has an Online Apprenticeship Directory
Cornell Cooperative Extension County Association Positions – lists jobs available through the Cooperative Extension Association by County.
Cornell University Jobs – Lists jobs available through Cornell University.
General Agriculture Listings
AgCareers.com is a good source for finding employment in a range of agricultural fields.
AgGrad.com is a new website that posts jobs and internships for aspiring agriculture professionals.
Agriculture Jobs allows you to search job boards, company career pages and associations for USA Agriculture jobs.
AgriSeek combines a worldwide news service with an interactive business directory and international online job market focusing on agriculture and related fields.
AgriSupport Online helps people looking for careers in agriculture.
PickingJobs.com has information on seasonal jobs picking fruit and vegetables in the USA and internationally.
United States Department of Agriculture posts government jobs in agriculture.
International Job Listings and Opportunities
Agriseek.com has a listing of international agriculture jobs
BASF often has many international jobs listed.
CGIAR (Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research) “is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future.” Job vacancies are listed on their website.
USDA’s Foreign Agriculture Service “links U.S. agriculture to the world to enhance export opportunities and global food security.“
World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) provides opportunities to work on farms worldwide.
Ecological Farming Association lists posted jobs in agricultural and related fields