Networking, learning, and sharing were among the highlights at the green jobs event organized by the San Francisco Professional Chapter of Net Impact and Green Jobs Network (producers of this blog).
This event was attended by more than 50 people and focused on providing practical guidance for green job seekers. This program included presentations from Christina Gilyutin (Director of Development and Chief Career Counselor, Bright Green Talent) and Leonard Adler (Founder, Green Jobs Network) on topics including networking strategies and where to find green jobs. Event attendees also shared with the group their own job search tips and strategies. Summaries of some of the content from this program are available at:
Acterra will present a program entitled Greening Your Career Forum on Tuesday, May 19. This event will feature a presentation by Dr. Carol McClelland (Founder, Green Career Central) and a panel session with speakers who will share insights into how they obtained their green jobs:
- Emy Mendoza – Zero Waste Planner, City of San Jose
- Walker Kellogg – Project Engineer, Energy Technology Infrastructure, Salas O'Brien Engineers
- Kate Latham - Home Consultant, HomeZ
- David Wiley – Supervising Environmental Planner, Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- Birgit Rodstein – Global Account Director, CEVA Logistics
This program will also introduce Acterra's Be the Change program, a year-long leadership training course that helps people green their careers.
This event will take place from 5:30pm – 9:00pm at Symantec VCafe, 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, CA. Tickets are $20 for Acterra members or $30 for the general public if registering in advance. Tickets are $40 at the door. For more information:
The MIT Club of Northern California and HBS Association of Northern California will present a program entitled Starting a Career in Clean Tech on May 11th. This program will highlight different clean technology career paths and provide information on how job seekers' existing skills can be applied to these opportunities. This event will feature the following panelists:
- Anne Feldhausen – Hewlett Packard Marketing Manager for Green Business Technology Initiative
- Mamoon Hamid – Principal at U.S. Venture Partners specializing in Clean Tech
- Samir Kaul – Partner at Khosla Ventures
- Mark Ostrau – Partner, Fenwick and West, member of Technology Transactions Group
This event is open to the public and will take place from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Fenwick and West, 801 California St, First Floor, Mountain View, CA 94041. The cost is $25 for members and $45 for non-members. Pre-registration is required for this event. No cancellations/refunds 72 hours prior to event. Light appetizers will be served.
Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Sustainable Business Accounts Manager, EcoMetro Guide
Organization: Celilo Group Media
Location: Silicon Valley/Santa Cruz, CA
The complete job announcement and application information is available here.