As a follow-up to this earlier post on the upcoming Women in Renewable Energy Career Panel: How to Land Your Dream Job, readers of Green Collar Blog can receive a $15 discount off the regular registration rate for this event. To receive this discount enter code "WIRE2" on the online registration form.
UPDATE: A discount is available to this event. More details here.
On April 12, an event entitled Women in Renewable Energy Career Panel: How to Land Your Dream Job! will take place in San Francisco. This event is produced by the Solar Marketing Group, in conjunction with the Women's Environmental Network (WEN) and the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of Women of Wind Energy (WoWE).
This event will featuring the following panelists, who will discuss where renewable energy jobs are, growth areas within renewables, and how to differentiate oneself from the talent pool. Attendees will have ample time to ask questions and network before and after the presentation.
- Lisa Feldman – Executive Director of MBA Career Management Group at Haas School of Business
- Devla Singh – Policy Analyst at California Public Utilities Commission
- Kia Walker – Director of Talent Acquisition at SolarCity
- Leonard Adler – Founder of Green Jobs Network
- (moderator) Robin Quarrier – Counsel at Center for Resource Solutions,
This event will take place from 6:00 – 8:45 pm at the Delancey Street Foundation Screening Room, 600 Embarcadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. Advanced registration is required and can be found here.
Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
Join a company that combines a dedication to fighting global climate change with a high-growth entrepreneurial environment. Recurve, formerly Sustainable Spaces, is the leader in home performance services, making homes more energy-efficient, more comfortable, and healthier. We are on the forefront of the cleantech revolution, as maximizing energy efficiency is usually the best answer to how individuals can minimize their environmental impact, and they can save money while they’re doing it.
We are currently seeking to hire an Operations Manager for our San Francisco headquarters. Some of the projects that you will be responsible for are:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of a 40-person (and growing) home performance company.
- Directing the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Developing processes and improving internal systems so jobs are completed on time, within budget and to our clients’ satisfaction.
- Reviewing financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost changes and program development.
- Coaching leadership staff throughout the organization & visiting job sites on a bi-weekly basis.
- Working with the local Business Development and Marketing teams to increase jobs sold.
- Attending specialized trainings so you understand how the work we do impacts our clients and the environment.
- Working with our software division to assure the operations team receives accurate field and parts-pull data.
San Francisco Green Drinks will present San Francisco Green Career Connections on Wednesday, May 19th. This event will be a career fair to connect job seekers and employers in a fun and casual atmosphere. Employers that are currently scheduled to attend are listed below, along with positions they have available:
- Sales and Marketing
- Renewable Energy Consultant
- Environmental Permitting Manager
- Renewable Energy Consultant (2nd)
- Solar Engineer
- Senior Wind Engineer
- Development Assistant (Climate Works)
- Staff Accountant (Climate Works)
- Sustainability Coordinator (Live Nation)
- Executive Assistant (Climate Policy Institute)
- Senior Associate (CEA)
- Recruiting Sales / Account Managers (IT)
- Senior Operations Manager (PV)
- Solar Cell Fab senior technicians / junior engineers (PV)
- Wet-process Engineers (PV)
- Electrical, HVAC or Refrigeration Contractors
- Energy Efficiency Senior Project Manager
- Energy Efficiency Project Manager
- Energy Efficiency Associate
- IT Associate
- IT Project Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Technical Program Manager
- Program Associate
- Master Test and Automation Engineer
- Human Resources Director
- Flex Developer
- Java Developer
- Sales Account Executive
- GHG Carbon Consultant
- Energy Engineers (Jr & Sr Level)
- Principal Energy Consultants
- Senior Energy Consultants
- Internet Advertising Sales Director
- Web Marketing Intern
- Editorial Research Intern
- Ad Operations Manager
- Engineer or scientist with greenhouse gas/air emissions experience
- Solar and Self Generation Supervisor
- Senior Structured Transaction Analyst
- Renewable Developer Principal
- Associate Sructured Transaction Analyst
- Energy Market Analyst
- Environmental Scientist/Jr. Scientist
- Entry level Environmental Analyst
- Sr. Terrestrial Biologist/Ecologist
- Project Engineer
- Environmental/Research Analyst
- Environmental Coordinator
- Environmental Technician
- Air Quality Project Manager
- Certification Coordinator, Chain of Custody
- Environmental Certification Services Program Associate
- Field Auditor, FSC Chain of Custody
- Forest Management Certification Coordinator
- Human Resources Specialist, Part-time
- Life Cycle Practitioner
- Natural Resources Program Associate, Chain of Custody
- Operations Manager, Chain of Custody Certification
- Vice President of Food Safety and Testing
- Utility Analyst
- Utility Specialist
- Regulatory Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Sales and Marketing Intern
- Project Finance Intern
- Product Management Intern
- Client Representative (Customer Service)
- MBA Marketing Intern
- Wet Side HVAC Technician
- Information Systems Building Science Intern
- Experienced Sales Representative (Home Performance Specialist)
- Program Developer (Part-time)
- Software Developer / Product Developer
- Mechanical Engineer / Professional Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Major Gift Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Sr. Development Associate
- Financial Analyst
This event will take place from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at 111 Minna Street (at 2nd Street), San Francisco, CA 94105. The registration cost is $12 in advance and $15 at the door.