Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Executive Director
Organization: Green America
Location: Washington, DC
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. More information is available here.
To celebrate our 30th anniversary and raise the bar for the next 30 years, we're expanding our senior team with a new executive director position. This new person will join our visionary senior executive team, including Alisa Gravitz, President/CEO; Denise Hamler, Green Business Director, and Russ Gaskin, Strategic Programs Director.
We are looking for an accomplished social entrepreneur, visionary leader and scale-builder, ready to take on her/his next big project, bringing these skills to the table:
* Passion for building the green economy
* Strategic thinking for building scale, and a proven track record for taking an organization to the next level
* Revenue builder with demonstrated ability to energize donors and foundations, garner new funders and develop new business models and sources of revenue
* Technology and social media leadership
* Experience with creating deep partnerships and building broad alliances
* Strong collaborative management skills for leading a participatory staff and movement building
Our ideal candidate is a recognized thought-leader in sustainability issues, with a deep set of strategies, relationships and connections that can help grow Green America to the next level to meet its next set of audacious goals. S/he would have already doubled or quintupled the size of a for-profit or non-profit organization. S/he may have already launched, grown and sold a major business, and be ready to give back to society by steering a major social-change organization and movement to achieve system-changing green economy goals.