Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
Account Manager/Job Developer
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with a passion to grow the Green Industry. Our Skills Training Unit is paving the way into the Green Industry by training entry-level workers to become Green Collar employees. We offer training in Environmental Response and Remediation Technician, Commercial Truck Driving with an emphasis in Hazardous Material Handling, Weatherization and Solar Panel Installation. We are looking for the right person to connect our new green collar worker to the green jobs. The job developer will have expertise in the following areas:
1. Promoting and developing employment opportunities for skills training clients.
2. Ability to demonstrate to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing Workforce Development clients and identifying jobs that clients can perform.
3. Participating in employer recruitment activities by attending job fairs, hosting on-site employer visits and “in the field” employer recruitment.
4. Due diligence in utilizing various resources (as newspapers, internet, agencies, chambers of commerce, etc.) for job leads related to clients’ training.
5. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain employer and client relationships.
6. Instructing clients on resume writing, job search and interviewing techniques.