Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Wind Project Developer / Manager
Organization: Project Resources Corporation
Location: Minneapolis, MN
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement here.
PRC is a Minnesota wind energy company with a focus on Midwest community wind project development. Position will be responsible for all aspects of wind power project development from acquisition and concept to commissioning.
New Business Development
* Identify and screen sites with strong potential for the successful development of a wind project and the subsequent processes relating to securing a grid connection offer
* Planning, coordination and acquisition of required local, state and federal permits (These include construction, right-of-way, FAA, environmental, cultural, native prairie, etc.)
* Provide support to Technical Specialist in development tasks, including grid interconnection and study process, preliminary layout design, project status and budget reporting, preliminary permitting and study, selection and management of outsource service providers, project meteorological program, etc.
* Coordinate with Business & Asset Management Associate on development of project specific financial models
* Generate and respond to RFP’s
* Construction monitoring and oversight
Idealist.org will be holding a Minneapolis Nonprofit Career Fair on April 13. This event is co-hosted by these University of Minnesota departments: the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs Career Services, the Community Service-Learning Center, the Health Careers Center, as well as the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits.
In addition, the Minneapolis Idealist.org Nonprofit Career Fair is joining with the Working for Change conference. The conference will explore social justice-oriented careers, with a focus on jobs in the nonprofit sector. Career professionals will also be available to review and edit resumes.
The Working for Change Conference will take place from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and the Minneapolis Idealist.org Nonprofit Career Fair will take place from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Both events are free to the public and will be at the University of Minnesota, Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN.
For more information:
Idealist.org will be holding a Minneapolis Nonprofit Career Fair on April 14, 2009 at the University of Minnesota. This event is co-hosted by the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, Minnesota's Private Colleges Career Consortium (MPCCC), the Minnesota College and University Career Services Association (MCUCSA), and the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits.
This career fair will be taking place in collaboration with the Working for Change conference and will also include free information sessions that will provide nonprofit career advice.
This event will take place from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the University of Minnesota in the Coffman Memorial Union at 300 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
For more information: