Green Job of the Day is a feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
Job: Development Officer
Organization: GRID Alternatives
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. You can review the complete job announcement at http://www.gridalternatives.org/jobs. The application deadline is March 12, 2010.
GRID Alternatives is a rapidly growing non-profit organization that provides renewable energy and energy efficiency services to low-income families. Our main program is the Solar Affordable Housing Program, where we lead teams of volunteers and job trainees to install solar electric systems for low-income homeowners statewide.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our growing fundraising team. This is a position with strong potential for future growth within the organization.
- Work directly with the Development Director and Bay Area Regional Director to maintain and increase donations from individual, corporate, and foundation supporters throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Solicit corporate donors through our corporate-sponsored workday program
- Manage grant proposals to Bay Area foundations, including researching opportunities, managing deadlines, writing proposals, and writing final reports
- Solicit new individual donors and implement campaigns to expand giving from existing donors
- Solicit individual participants and corporate sponsors for our annual Solarthon fundraiser/solar installation event
- Support the Bay Area Regional Director in writing grant applications for local government funding programs
- Acknowledge donors and track donations using our Salesforce.com database
- Represent the organization to potential donors, funders, and sponsors
- Assist in organizing fundraising and cultivation events, donor site visits, and media opportunities
- Report directly to the Development Director, and communicate regularly to the Development Director and the Bay Area Regional Director the status of all development activities