Green Job of the Day is a new feature of Green Collar Blog which highlights a job opening pertaining to environmental or social responsibility.
An excerpt of the job announcement follows below. The complete announcement is at:
Co-op America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process, which aims to build consensus within the departments and teams. The position is located in the Washington DC office.
Co-op America’s Business Division currently includes seven staff members and serves over 4,000 green business members. The Co-op America Green Business Network (GBN) is the first, largest, and most diverse network of accredited green businesses making commitments to social and economic justice, healthy local communities, and environmental sustainability in the U.S.
The Co-op America Green Business Network is the business membership program of Co-op America. The mission of GBN is to carry out one of the four primary strategies of Co-op America — to help socially and environmentally responsible businesses emerge and succeed. We accomplish this by providing our businesses members with the opportunity to:
- Expand their markets through promotion and consumer education – including Co-op America’s National Green Pages and Green Festivals
- Deepen their socially and environmentally responsible business practices;
- Market their social and environmental responsibility more effectively;
- Network to strengthen their businesses and grow the green business movement through GBN’s popular online business community and Green Business Conferences
- Gain access to money-saving benefits and services;
This position will work closely with the GBN Director to advance the Green Business Network through outreach, marketing and web development. This is an excellent position in non-profit management and an unparalleled leadership opportunity in the field of socially responsible business.
A) General Management (approximately 20-25% of time)
- Work with the GBN Director and GBN Staff to develop overall GBN strategy, annual operating plans and budget
- Supervise GBN staff and performing annual reviews as required by Co-op America Personnel Policy.
- Work with GBN board representatives to create more feedback from GBN members into the strategy and planning for GBN
- Develop an advisory council of GBN members for greater involvement of GBN members in development of GBN and fundraising for GBN